Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another week-end almost over... : (

Well, it seems this week-end has flown by as they usually do. I am ready for another busy week.
Friday was exciting! After work I met friends and rode with them to a Sunday School get together. A group from the Brazilian Mission Team have been in town this week- they have spoken at church and had different things going on all week. But Friday night they cooked for our class! They cooked all kinds of "Brazilian" food. They enjoyed it and said it was only a small token of thanks for what the church does for them. I can only imagine the time they put into preparing the meal and I must say everyone enjoyed it. After the meal one of the ladies; Carla -gave her testimony. She was such a sweetheart and had us all in tears. Then Pastor Bob gave his testimony and then several from the group sang a song (in Portuguese) We had such a great time and the night flew by. We have so many resources in the U.S. and take so much for granted. This group is so appreciative of every little thing done for them and their goal is to lead others to Christ. Our Sunday School teacher today told us he took several of them to Lifeway on Friday and they were so excited - some Bibles were on sale for $10.00 and they just could not imagine! They said in Brazil it cost around $200.00 dollars for a Bible!!
Pray for the Brazilian Team and I hope they enjoy the remainder of their stay in the U.S. - I think they were going to Texas after they leave. I know many of them are missing family but feel led to be here.
Saturday (and today) I got to enjoy my "grand kids" I kept Griff Saturday morning for Kristen to do some shopping. Then that afternoon I took Carson to the movies in Cullman. We had a good time, as usual. He keeps a smile on my face every time I am with the stinker.
Saturday night I went and met with my Bunko group and had a good night of Bunko. And for the first time EVER.... I did great!!! I have been playing with them on and off a couple of years and by far- this was the best night I have ever had playing!! I won a big beach bag that had Bunko Babe on it.... cute !! And I can't wait to use it.
(Jessica is in the process of booking a weeks vacation for July to the beach - yea!!)
Today I went to church (and took Carson) and afterwards- I went to Jessica's and saw Miss Halle Grace. I gave her a bath, fed her and loved on her for hours.She has changed so much in just 4 days. I miss her and wish I could see her more often.
I never mention Danny- because for the ones who know us.... we SELDOM are at the same place-at the same time... He usually goes to bed around 6 pm or 7 -as he gets up for work at 2 AM. His days off are Monday and Tuesday so on Monday nights is about the only night he is up. Right now he has a terrible cold and when he isn't at work- he seems to be in bed (or asleep in his chair!) Maybe one day he will get week-ends off but I doubt it for the near future.
I hope everyone has a good week. I am looking forward to it and glad I finally have gotten over this "cold" I think tomorrow is the only day I don't have plans so maybe I can rest up for the remainder of the week.

3 comments:

  1. glad you are feeling better! I still haven't been able to meet HG, I am jealous. She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you never mention kristen in your blogs??????????She seems to be a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just kidding!!!!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete