Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter week!

Kristen and Josh sold their house and moved over the week-end so I kept the boys. Griff has not really spent the night alot with us but he did great this week-end! He has always been great about sleeping but usually when he is here he wakes up several times not knowing where he is. He is 14 months old and usually goes to bed about 7:30 -8:00 and sleeps till around 6 AM. But since his routine was out of whack- we ended up staying up until around 9 or 9:30. He loves me to rock him and sing to him; which I love. Of course, Carson is here alot and helps me out when Griff is here. Carson is a great big brother.
Also- Saturday Jessica and Halle Grace came and spent the afternoon with us. I tried to make some pictures of the 3 little ones but it didn't work to good. Halle Grace has colic and poor thing- cried alot. She is 8 weeks old now so I hope and pray she outgrows this soon!! She goes back on Friday for her check -up. She eats good and is growing so fast. I am posting a picture of her that we made probably a week or so ago.



I did get a few pictures on Jessica's camera Saturday. She plans to download them tomorrow so I hopefully can post a couple later this week. Carson, Griff and I colored Easter eggs Saturday morning and I had to make a few pictures of all three of the kids with the finished products! Carson will be with his dad this week-end so I went ahead and let them color eggs Saturday. Of course we will end up hiding eggs probably a hundred times! Jessica was kidding Carson as to how 3 years ago - she thinks he had us hiding eggs up until the end of summer. We loved it though and it makes me sad that he is growing up so much. I am sure he will continue for years to hide eggs for his cousins and brother but in a few years he will think he is to big for it.

I have another busy week planned and I seriously wonder how I ever accomplished much when I worked!

I took Carson to church today and we both really enjoyed it. At church today our Sunday school teacher pointed out something that I thought about alot. There are so many people who attend church only on Easter. I really have never understood why- but I know it is true. It use to be everyone got new clothes on Easter and it seemed to mark the beginning of spring. But how many actually think of the true meaning of Easter? I had an article that included this :

The highlights behind the Easter story include Jesus' execution, His burial and, most importantly, His rising from death.

The account of Jesus' rising from death was recorded in the most authoritative historical records, the Gospel books: Three days after His death, a few women first found His tomb empty. Then Jesus appeared in front of these women and His disciples, talking and eating with them. Out of doubts still, one disciple did not believe Jesus was alive again until he actually touched Jesus' fatal wounds. In the following forty days, hundreds of people witnessed this Jesus who had returned from death until He ascended to Heaven.

Before His death, Jesus had promised eternal life to those who followed Him. If the story ended at His death, Jesus would have been no more than a religious figure with a finite life span. But the fact the Jesus rose from death demonstrated He has the power over death, and only through Him can people have hope for eternal life. Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

As a child I looked forward to Easter. I loved getting my new Easter dress and shoes and to the Easter egg hunts at church and at school. It is so sad- now schools no longer get to celebrate Easter or hunt eggs. Ad although most still do have Christmas parties I doubt most get to teach the real meaning of Christmas. I realize alot of these kids have no idea the reason we celebrate Easter or Christmas.

Oh update on baby Stellan - he is again having episodes of SVT and the Drs. are all trying to decide what the next move will be. Right now they are tossing around differnt options of other places they may send him to get the best care of the most experienced doctors for Stellans situation. Please continue to check Stellan's updates and pray for this family. http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment