Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wednesday

Well, the weeks just seem to fly.....
Today I went and walked (2 miles) with my "walking girls" We meet @ 7:30 every morning (at least part of us on any given day) I enjoy my walks now and heaven knows I need it. Usually we will go eat breakfast afterwards (which is probably the reason I have not lost even a lb. since we started walking...) ha!

Tuesday I worked with the other members of our Relay For Life Committee - it was Bank Day- when all of our Relay teams turned in money and we gave them their team t-shirts, team captain packets and prizes. It was alot of work but we were so excited. Our Marshall North has already reached over $100,000 for ACS!!! With the economy we were happy with the current total and can't wait to see the final results.We are all hoping for a great Relay Friday and pray the weather is nice.
I picked up Carson and Griff today and we played outside for a good while. Griff is getting to the most fun age! He tries to repeat everything we say or do and it is precious. He is a loving little boy and so very funny! I met Kristen at church- she picked up Griff and saw Carson for awhile before Carson and I went to church.After church I took Carson home (Griff was already sleeping away)
I just checked my "blog friends" for updates and baby Stellan is off to Boston. Check on his link and please pray for them. The doctors in Boston hopefully will make the best choices for Stellan's care. Stellan's mom also posted Psalm 107. It was the perfect verse for his situation but amazingly -it seemed to be something Ineeded for the things going on in my daily life as well.... : )


Psalm 107:28-30

Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble,
and He brought them out of their distress.

He stilled the storm to a whisper;
the waves of the sea were hushed.

They were glad when it grew calm,
and He guided them to their desired haven.


( I look forward to the calm....) But when you see what others are having to deal with each day- it makes you see how "petty" our problems really are.

Oh- also- my husband is the biggest procrastinator in the world... I have ask him for weeks when he planned to get our taxes filled out. He finally did that yesterday and we had to pay almost $900.00 today ( ugh) Since I am not working I guess next year we will not have to pay at least......

No comments:

Post a Comment