Monday, November 16, 2009

November 16

I have not blogged in awhile - life flies by so fast.... Here we are with November half over! When I was a child it seems all I wanted was to grow up and my mother use to tell me how I should enjoy being a kid and going to school. So funny- I told my girls the same thing and now find myself saying that to the grand kids....
I had a busy week-end. When I worked at fpmi I met some friends I now treasure. I worked there for almost seven years and alot of things happened in the seven years. I often trained new employees and one I trained was Ms. Courtney. Courtney was (And is) hilarious... She had met a guy and always referred to him as "my friend" Her friend- BJ was on a kidney donor list and took dialysis three times a week.Long story short- BJ finally got his call and had his transplant, he and Courtney became more than "friends" and this past Saturday they had a magical wedding.I was a hostess for their wedding and it was beautiful. I know Courtney's mom is looking down form heaven smiling that her little girl is so happy.
Today is November 16 and a birthday of one of my best friends from high school. She and I have so many good memories and she has such a good memory! I can barely remember yesterday but Sandra could probably remember what we both were wearing on any particular occasion. She was there for the birth of Jessica and always listened when I had a problem. I still have a couple of Christmas ornaments she made for the girls when they were young. I had a very strict daddy but Sandra's house is one place he let me go to often. Sandra and I have drifted apart several times in our lives but always seem to reconnect. I am proud to call San a friend and hope she has had an awesome birthday with many more to come!
Also yesterday we had a surprise 50th birthday party for my lifelong friend Anita... I made lots of pictures and will download those and add later.
Noah was sick today and out of school so he spent the day here with me. We watched TV, talked, laughed and hopefully he will be able to go back to school tomorrow.He and I have always had a special bond... I love him so much!! (as I do all of the 6 grand babies I am fortunate to have)

2 comments:

  1. you are a great friend, mother, and grandmother! keep doing your thing. i love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, Do you think your Dad let you visit my house because my Mom was also strict? I liked to go to your house because your Mom made homemade biscuits from scratch. You give me way too much credit about the memory - I don't remember making any Christmas ornaments! Well, I have had better birthdays. Thing 1 and Thing 2 took joy in spoiling this one and the stress brought on a migraine. I was in bed most of the day. I would hate for them to know that,though. Thank you for your kind words. Life is indeed flying by.

    ReplyDelete