Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday update!

I live a boring life I guess. Not alot going on with us -which in a way is a good thing!But I do have a busy week-end planned. Tomorrow my grandson -Carson has practice for a play at 9:30 am, Griff and Carson have pictures made @ 2pm, then I am taking Carson to a birthday party @ 3pm. I plan to meet my oldest daughter- Jessica after the birthday party. We are going to Babies -R - Us to swap a couple of her baby gifts for her upcoming little Halle Grace. Then Carson has a request to go to his favorite place- Shogun for dinner!
Sunday we have church and then Griff's birthday party is @ 2pm. It is his first birthday celebration and it is at their house with family and a few friends. I am making cupcakes for it. He got so much for Christmas- he really does NOT need more toys- but hey- you are only one once!! Hopefully I will have pictures by Monday.
Speaking of Monday- I got a call today and will be returning to work on Monday.I had worked for the same company for 6 years -it was on a government contract and we lost the bid for renewal so my job ended on Christmas day. ( nice gift for sure... not) Anyway- they called me back as a temporary (no benefits,etc.) and most likely only for a few weeks. I was really getting use to being home but it will happen again soon enough. I plan to have more time for the grand kids and hopefully enjoy the upcoming summer with them all!!! I have been fortunate to have that great job for 6 years but really some time for the kids will be nice.
I take Carson to church on Wednesday night and Sunday and when Griff gets older I hope to get to take him as well. I smiled this morning - as I was taking Carson to school - he picked up his Bible and was looking up the verse he had memorized Wednesday night. He also said he couldn't wait for 2 more days! I ask why- for Griff's parrty and he answered- no! Because I get to go back to church... It really made my day and I am so thankful to God that I get to take him and watch him grow in the Lord. When my girls were growing up I did not always take them to church. That would be one thing I would tell all parents that they should do- and would NEVER regret. As Proverbs 22:6 says- Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Everyone have a good week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment