Saturday, October 24, 2009

October

Well only one week-end left in October! Where has this year gone? So much has happened in the past few months -some good, some bad. However I realize things could be much worse. And I do thank God for my blessings...
Last week Jessica was on fall break and I got to spend alot of time with her and Halle Grace. Friday we spent the whole day shopping and running errands. I am no longer much on shopping all day, however I enjoyed spending time with them both.



I have five grandsons and not a one of them enjoys spending the day shopping with me. Now if the day is about them and includes a movie, going to eat or a sports outing they would love to go, however, not shopping all day. It seems Halle Grace is going to be her mothers clone as so far she has been the perfect child when we are out and about shopping. She will go from store to store and so far never been a minutes trouble. I can not wait until she is a few years older as I have waited so long to shop and buy for a little girl~

Griffin has a stomach virus and I sure hope the rest of the family does not get it. Kristen has always been a germ free nut and has been going around with her germ-x and Lysol. I am the worlds worst to pick up a virus so I have stayed clear of them and plan to for a few days if possible.Poor Griff -he has been on liquids and meds for two days now. Kisses and prayers for him.

Back to October coming to an end - as everyone knows October is known for Breast Cancer Awareness month. My mother in law has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and I will be taking her on Tuesday back to the doctor to review her options as for treatments. Through facebook I have found one of my closest friends from high school is a breast cancer survivor and she and I have spoken about this a few times. As she stated - The patient is his or her own best advocate. I hope we make the right choices for treatment plans.
Also, last week my three oldest grandsons- Mamaw; found out she has breast cancer. She goes next week to discuss her options.Prayers going up for Wanda. She is the best Mamaw (next to me, of course.. he,hee)and those grandsons have really been upset over the thoughts of their world being out of sync with Mamaw being sick.
I lost my mother to breast cancer when I was only twenty three (and she was fifty) So many things that happen day to day- I have so many times wished my mother was here to be a part of.
I am very involved with American Cancer Society and would love to see a cure for cancer. Research has made it possible for many improvements in the past 25 years.

Noah and Nick finished their last travel league peewee football game today. Next year they will probably play Jr. High football. It is bittersweet that they are growing up so fast.
Kudoo's for Marshall as well- he got 2nd place last week in his cross country meet in Scottsboro.. Go Marsahll!
While I am mentioning all of the grandkids- let me add that Carson won first place out of the whole third grade in a pumpkin creating contest. Pumpkins were handed out to each child in the school and directions were for them to design a pumpkin and return it to school. Carson chose to make a penguin out of his and it ended up cute. Will ladd pictures soon. Carson is one of the shyest kids I have ever known and he said when they called his name out as a winner he was embarrassed... It really is amazing how different children can be!

Back to watching football and then reading my Sunday School lesson. It has been a "different" week for me and parts of it I really can't share on here. But my Sunday School lesson last week was one that I feel helped me through the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment